Management and Leadership Programme - Level 5
This new 11-day programme is delivered in partnership with the University of the West of England (UWE), providing a Level 5 qualification which equates to a first level degree. Topics covered include: effective leadership, financial concepts, customer relations, motivating people and recruitment.
The 11-day programme is rolled out in two and three day attendance blocks, and will be delivered and contextualised for the hire industry by experienced academics and consultants who apply their expertise and cutting edge thinking with a practical focus.
Alongside each face-to-face training day access is available to online tools and materials, designed to support delegates further through their learning.
The EHA Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management is made up of the following units:-
- Module 1: Becoming an Effective Leader - evaluate your ability to use a range of leadership styles, in different situations and with different types of people. The importance of understanding your own strengths and limitations and how to develop yourself.
- Module 2: Motivating People in the Workplace – understanding the factors that may affect performance and motivation in the workplace. Introducing theories of motivation and how these can be applied to teams and individuals to improve performance and motivation.
- Module 3: Making a Financial Case – understanding how financial concepts inform management decisions, undertake break even analyses, look at the nature of revenue and capital expenditure and factors to consider when recommending revenue expenditure.
- Module 4: Managing Customer Relations - use customer relations as a function of business management, find new customers and retain existing ones. Understand buyer behaviour and the purchase decision process. Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities or threats within the supply chain, improve your organisations ability to meets its customer’s needs.
- Module 5: Managing Recruitment – undertaking recruitment in line with legal and organisational requirements. Exploring causes of poor attendance and retention, and strategies for improvement.
Delegates undertaking this course will become students of UWE enabling access to all the facilities, including the university library.
- Module 1 - 17 and 18 January 2018
- Module 2 - 20, 21 and 22 February 2018
- Module 3 - 18 and 19 April 2018
- Module 4 - 16 and 17 May 2018
- Module 5 - 13 and 14 June 2018
£2,950 per delegate for all tutorials at UWE, course materials, end of course certification and Level 5 Diploma.
If you’d like further information on up-skilling your workforce, please contact us on 44 (0)121 380 4617 or by e-mail email@example.com.